Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 August 2017

How Good It Would Be If I Could Relive Those Old Days

Never knew fate had a problem with me,
Until it told you
Your brother would be he,
Scared by this I pleaded not to go,
But there I was in your hands
As soon as it gave me a blow.


Looking into your eyes,
I did realize,
There was some mischief cooking
In your brain of a grape size.

Time flew by, flew very fast
You started going school,
 And I was in my cradle,
Listening to the music of Liverpool.
Seeing all my pampering
I was sure you were burning.
And then you give a wicked smile,
And the tables turn in a while.

My day wasn’t complete without fighting with you,
But just wanted to say I still love you.
With all those fights I got to know one thing,
Your nails are the deadliest…painful than a bee-sting.

Saying that I still don’t understand
 Were always those half cooked dosas…. preplanned?
At times you cook better than Mom
I just admitted to that….oh com-on.

Soon my world was shattered,
The very news of you leaving left me battered.
It was only after so many years,
That I could find myself in tears.

All my emotions were taken for a toss,
Cause you went away leaving me at a cross.

Seeing your pictures at a gaze,
I’m sitting here with my mind in a haze.
How good it would be,
If I could relive those good old days.

39 comments:

  1. I did not know.How emotional and poetic you are and I came to know only after reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now this is what you know about me after travelling for 4 years :-D

      Delete
  2. Nice one bro. Keep up and keep doing the stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope u could relive those old good days..my buddy!!! ..nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you 😘 N i miss u soo much😭

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.Great job abi!! Keep going

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish i had a brother to write such poem about me.. Simple words yet deep.. Loved it😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure, he would have written about...How a sister shouldn't be like 😆

      Delete
  7. Only a very few people realise the deepness of life!! And it takes even more efforts and courage to combine and put it as words!! You rock ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you akshaya😁...a very few people realise the deepness of life...true, and the same goes with you as I have read all of your blogs.

      Delete
  8. Too good abhi ���� And yes her nails are the deadliest �� And she cooks amazing ���� love you Moni and miss youuu ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Radha😊...Yes, she cooks really well and I don't even remember how many times I had to get these TT injections beacuse of her nails😆

      Delete
  9. Too good abi!😍 Moni is really lucky to have uou💖❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rooopaaa...and yes she's very lucky to have me😎

      Delete
  10. Beautifully expressed , the bond of brother sister is so unique n most cherished part of childhood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Koral😃...It is the most cherished part and she's the only enemy you can't live without😉

      Delete
  11. Good one shek!! Except intro lines('coz she is younger sis).... All other rhymeee makes me cherish with my sis ��
    "never knew fate had a problem with me until it makes me join SNIST n form babba with you" hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Ravia😊 and those first few lines....Your sister might have had the same feeling😅

      Delete
  12. Beautifully expressed! I never know the bond of brother and sister as i dont have a sister. But i could still feel the bond that u guys have through your poem. Btw You are way more expressive than Monisha..:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you think so😂...what to do, I'm not as lucky as you are...I have sister...and that too a girl like Monisha😓 😝

      Delete